Dan writes “Wired has a great article about a guy who thinks we can provide unlimited energy, accelerate crop growth, desalinize and purify drinking water, obtain health benefits and provide air conditioning, all by pumping up water from the depths of the ocean.”
Archive for May, 2005
Top Ten Favorite Words (Not in the Dictionary)
1. ginormous (adj): bigger than gigantic and bigger than enormous
2. confuzzled (adj): confused and puzzled at the same time
3. woot (interj): an exclamation of joy or excitement
4. chillax (v): chill out/relax, hang out with friends
5. cognitive displaysia (n): the feeling you have before you even leave the house that you are going to forget something and not remember it until you’re on the highway
6. gription (n): the purchase gained by friction: “My car needs new tires because the old ones have lost their gription.”
7. phonecrastinate (v): to put off answering the phone until caller ID displays the incoming name and number
8. slickery (adj): having a surface that is wet and icy
9. snirt (n): snow that is dirty, often seen by the side of roads and parking lots that have been plowed
10. lingweenie (n): a person incapable of producing neologisms
Read the story at:
* Merriam-Webster Online
[CNN] The Voyager I spacecraft has moved into the solar system’s final frontier, a vast area where the sun’s influence gives way to interstellar space, NASA’s Web site reports.
“Barring hardware failure, Voyager I and II boast enough power and communications capability to keep radioing back to Earth until 2020, NASA says.“
Voyager has entered the final lap on its race to the edge of interstellar space, as it begins exploring the solar system’s final frontier,” said Edward Stone, Voyager project scientist at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena, in a statement on the Web site Tuesday…. See link for full story.
I have never been on a diet (because I’m rather skinny) but people are going crazy these days, the absolute worst being the Atkins’ Diet, because it is so popular, manipulating, scheming and all about money.
I am not going too deep into this, but you can trust me when I say it’s a huge fraud to make money, not to help you loose weight.
Perhaps it’s more obvious when your’e not even contemplating going on the diet, because there certainly is great potential for bringing out false hope in people.
My tip to anyone who wants to loose weight is to seek a Dietist and get proper help with planning a healthy food and exercise plan, don’t give up hope, and be realistic in your goals, that will bring you way beyond some commercial money hungry pop diet..
p.s. I just watched a television ‘documentary’ about Atkins’ Diet and it was obviously paid and produced by and for the Atkins’ Organization.
(Since I sincerly fear getting sued by the Atkins’ Organization, I tried to hold back on my true opinion of The Atkins’ Diet, but let’s just say I would put them in the same category as Scientology.)
BBC NEWS: “South Korean scientists say they have made stem cells tailored to match the individual for the first time.
“Cloning for research purposes is profoundly unethical”
Julia Millington of the ProLife Alliance
Each of the 11 new stem cell lines that they made were created by taking genetic material from the patient and putting it into a donated egg.
The resultant cells were a perfect match for the individual and could mean treatments for diseases like diabetes without problems of rejection.
But the researchers told Science that there were still hurdles to overcome. ”