WarpXML — AJAX on Steroids
Introduction to AJAX
WarpXML – Next Generation
WarpXML 2.0 is my second generation API for taking care of business, leveraging the full potential from the AJAX technologies. I will try not to say too much about the stuff that is yet under development, so I won’t dissappoint you all if it fails to work But the main plan is to get the actual XMLHttpRequest implemented in something I call a WarpXML Channel, this is all working now.. But I also want to create a WarpXML Channel Manager which can handle all kind of stuff such as queing, error-handling, response-dispatching. And I’m also compiling a set of utility functions such as form2XML(), runtime XML Document creation tools and more.. While making the Channel API I also created a new EventLog API called WarpLog, which can be used on different levels to provide relevant user feedback under development as well as runtime, the logs can also be sent to the server thru a WarpXML Channel to centralized client log.
Note: There is currently no release here, please be patient I will try and release a beta soon, it will be working but might need testing, and no guarantees on the API not being changed. Bascially you will want to use the channel manager in the future, which will not be released quite yet, simply because I have yet to code it.
UPDATE: I hope to have a test version out by the end of Februrary 2006.
- Stable: 1.2 (12 Jun 2003).
- Test: 2.0 alpha 1 (6 Aug 2005).
- 2.0 – Aug 2005 – Reimplementation with sugar on top, motive is simplicity and power.
- 1.2 – 12 Jun 2003 – Added extra verification to make sure it’s IE launching ActiveX stuff.
- 1.1 – 01 Oct 2002 – Modified and extended for a better world, ie. better Mozilla implementation…
- 1.0 – 2000 – Initial version (known as loadDataXML at the time).